Fixed electrical inspections in Stourbridge is the inspection and testing of the permanent electrical systems (circuits) in buildings.
It’s an electrical survey carried out to determine if there are any defects present within the fixed electrical installation as well as to make sure that the electrical installation complies with current electrical legislation.
JPM Electrics Ltd carry out an electrical inspections in Stourbridge to BS7671 IEE (IET) Wiring Regulations standards. Our electrical engineers hold both City and Guilds 2381/2382 and 2391 electrical qualifications and are fully skilled in the inspection and testing of commercial, industrial and household premises.
First and foremost we will liaise with you as to the reason for the inspection and confirm the level of inspection and testing to be carried out. It’s our aim to minimise disruption to your property whilst additionally provide a comprehensive and professional electrical testing service.
The routine inspection and testing of your fixed electrical installation, makes sure of compliance under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and the Consumer Protection Act 1987. Electrical installation testing is also a fairly typical requirement for business and public properties insurance.
The Inspection and Test Service
Following a visual assessment and verification of the complete electrical installation, the following test procedures are applied where appropriate, if you want to establish the safety of electrical installation :
- Continuity – to determine that the earthing is continuous throughout the circuit.
- Bonding Conductors Continuity – to make sure that bonding is in place and effective.
- Ring Circuit Continuity – establishes whether or not the ring is complete.
- Insulation Resistance – to test whether there’s been any breakdown in insulation to the installation.
- Polarity – to test that the installation is properly wired.
- Earth Fault Loop Impedance – to determine the Zs of the installation.
- Earth Electrode Resistance – applies to TT systems only, to test the earthing rods.
- RCD testing – to check that Residual Current Device disconnects the supply in case of a fault.
- Functional testing of isolators and breakers – to assure they disconnect the supply.
Schedule of Inspection and Schedule of Test Results
The electrical engineer who completed your electrical inspections in Stourbridge will also talk through the results with you and explain if any remedial work is necessary in order to remedy a dangerous installation. If the electrical installation has any faults, they shall be listed underneath the section of observations and recommendations and will be given one of the following codes:
code one – necessitates urgent attention
code two – requires improvement
code four – doesn’t conform to current BS7671 standards
code three – needs further investigation
Even though we’re pleased to accomplish any remedial work needed, you’re free to opt to have the work completed by a certified alternative party.
Contact JPM Electrics Ltd
For commercial, industrial or a domestic electrical inspections in Stourbridge please contact our time served team today. All areas covered. No job too big , no job too small. Best price, best service guarantees.